- 01. Basic Procedure in Managing Your Webiste
- 02. To Upload a Top Banner to the Website
- 03. To Add a Category to the Webiste
- 04. To Create the Top Menu for the Webiste
- 05. To Add Category "About Us"
- 06. To Add the Contact Page to the Website
- 07. To Add an Article to the Website
- 08. To Insert a Picture into an Article
- 09. To Edit, Delete An Article
- 10. To Add a Category for Photos
- 11. To Add a Slide Show to the Website
- 12. To Edit, Delete a Category
- 13. To Add a Video Clip to the Website
- 14. To Edit While Viewing the Web Pages
- 15. To Change the Display of an Article List
- 16. To Change the Display of an Article
- 17. To Place an Advertisement on the Website
- 18. Display Types for Advertisements
- 19. How To Layout Your Homepage
- 20. To Show, Hide And Edit The Special Boxes
- 21. Search And Filter Tools In The Control Panel
- 22. To Setup Default Sizes For Images
- 23. To Insert a Video Clip Into An Article
- 24. To embed a Youtube Video in your Website
- 25. To Post a Book on Your Website
- 26. To Post a PDF book on the Website
To Edit While Viewing the Web Pages
Your website has a feature called “Quick Editing” which allows you to edit your articles while viewing the web pages. Just click the login button on your website; then you can start editing. You can edit articles, add new articles, replace pictures, change the advertisements, and many other tasks, without logging in the Control Panel.
In this example, you are reading the article "Telegraphy" and find out that you want to delete a paragraph.
Here is how to do it.
A. Click the "Login" button under the Top Menu.
B. The login screen will appear. Enter your username and password; then click the “Login” button.
You will be back to the home page of your website. The “Login” button is now replaced by a greeting. Next to this greeting is the “Logout” button.
C. Find the article in the website. Click on the title to view the detail page. At the bottom of this article you will see an “Edit” button on a gray bar.
D. Click the “Edit” button, you will enter the record of this article. This record is similar to what you would see in the Control Panel. The only difference is that this screen has an “X” button at the top right corner. You will use this button to close this record and return to the web page.
E. In this example you will go to the “Description” box, highlight the text you want to delete and press the “Delete” key on your keyboard. Actually, you can edit any data on this record just like you are in the Control Panel. Here, you can add, de-activate, or delete any article in your website.
F. After editing, you must click the "Update" button.
G. Then, you can click the X" button at the top right corner to close this record. You will be back to the article you are viewing.
H. The article hasn’t been updated yet. You must refresh the web page to see the changes you’ve just made. Click the "Refresh" button of your web browser or press the F5 key on the keyboard.
I. Check the article to see if the changes are OK. If necessary, you can click the “Edit” button and edit the article again.
J. When you are done with editing, click the “Logout” button below the Top Menu.
You have finished editing an article while viewing the web pages.