- 01. Basic Procedure in Managing Your Webiste
- 02. To Upload a Top Banner to the Website
- 03. To Add a Category to the Webiste
- 04. To Create the Top Menu for the Webiste
- 05. To Add Category "About Us"
- 06. To Add the Contact Page to the Website
- 07. To Add an Article to the Website
- 08. To Insert a Picture into an Article
- 09. To Edit, Delete An Article
- 10. To Add a Category for Photos
- 11. To Add a Slide Show to the Website
- 12. To Edit, Delete a Category
- 13. To Add a Video Clip to the Website
- 14. To Edit While Viewing the Web Pages
- 15. To Change the Display of an Article List
- 16. To Change the Display of an Article
- 17. To Place an Advertisement on the Website
- 18. Display Types for Advertisements
- 19. How To Layout Your Homepage
- 20. To Show, Hide And Edit The Special Boxes
- 21. Search And Filter Tools In The Control Panel
- 22. To Setup Default Sizes For Images
- 23. To Insert a Video Clip Into An Article
- 24. To embed a Youtube Video in your Website
- 25. To Post a Book on Your Website
- 26. To Post a PDF book on the Website
To Add an Article to the Website
A website normally consists of mostly News and Articles. Your website should already have a category for this content type before you can add and article or a piece of news. The title for this category may be News, Reviews, Writings, About Us, and so on. In this Admin Guide, the term "Articles" is used to refer to any writings, including news.
In the previous instructions, we have already added the category "Writings" to the website and it is in the English site. Now, it's time to add an article to it.
A. Login the Control Panel as usual.
B. Click “Content Manager” on the top menu. Then, select "Articles" in the drop down list. Or, you may click on the Articles icon in the center area.
C. Select which language site to manage.
You are going to add an article to the English site, so you will click on the box near the upper left corner and select "English Site".
You will see a list of existing articles in the English site of this website. In this example, the list is empty.
D. Click the "Record Edit" button near the upper right corner of the screen. A blank record will appear.
E. Fill in or check the essential 5 boxes of an article record. They are:
1. Title. Fill in the title of the article. It is required.
2. Description. Fill in this box with the main content of the article. It is required.
3. Category. Click in the boxes corresponding to the category or categories that you want this article to appear. It is required.
4. Brief. Fill in this box with a short summary of the article. It is not required. This short summary will be displayed together with the title when a list of articles is displayed on the website.
5. Author. Fill in this box with the author or writer of this article. It is not required. The author's name will be displayed right below the title when this article is viewed in detail. More than one author can be filled in here but they must be separated by a semicolon (;). This data is also used to link all articles by the same author to help readers quickly find other articles of the same author. It works similar to tags (or keyword).
You may leave the rest of the boxes as they are. You will know their purposes when you spend more time working with your website.
Following are brief information about them (marked by the blue numbers).
6. Thumbnail Image. If you want to add a thumbnail image, fill in this box with the path to the image file in the web server. The admin program (i.e. Control Panel) provides tools to create a thumbnail image and fill in this box for you.
7. Media Link. If you want a media file (audio, video) to start playing automatically, fill in this box with the path to the media file in the web server. The admin program provides a tool to fill in this box for you.
8. Tags. If you enter a keyword (tag) in here, this article will be linked with other articles having the same keyword. By clicking on a tag name, visitors may quickly find other articles having the same tag. More than one tag can be entered here but they must be separated by a semicolon (;).
9. Posted by. You may display or hide the name of the person who posts this article. It will be displayed below the Title. Fill in here the name of the person who posts this article.
10. Posted date. You may display or hide the date this article is posted. The current date of your computer will be automatically filled in here.
NOTE: When you copy an existing article to make a new one, the posted date is still the original posted date. You may change the posted date to a day in the future. In that case the article will only appear from that date.
11. Ordinal. This number will decide the priority of an article in a list. An article with a smaller Ordinal will have a higher priority. The default number is 100.
12. Hot News. An article with this box checked will be displayed in the HOT NEWS box, if your website is setup to have a Hot News box.
13. Active. This box is checked, as default, when you add a new article. It means the article will appear on the website right away. By un-checking this box, you may stop an article from displaying until you check this box again.
Continue the following steps after the necessary boxes are filled in.
F. Click the "Add" button at the top or bottom of the screen. The message "Data Added Successfully!" will appear near the upper left corner.
G. Go to your website and check if the article has been added. You must go to the category that contains the article you have just added. You may need to click the "Refresh" button of your browser, or hit the "F5" key on your keyboard.
You have finished adding an article to the website. In the next session, you will be adding a picture into this article.
Gửi ý kiến của bạn