- 01. Basic Procedure in Managing Your Webiste
- 02. To Upload a Top Banner to the Website
- 03. To Add a Category to the Webiste
- 04. To Create the Top Menu for the Webiste
- 05. To Add Category "About Us"
- 06. To Add the Contact Page to the Website
- 07. To Add an Article to the Website
- 08. To Insert a Picture into an Article
- 09. To Edit, Delete An Article
- 10. To Add a Category for Photos
- 11. To Add a Slide Show to the Website
- 12. To Edit, Delete a Category
- 13. To Add a Video Clip to the Website
- 14. To Edit While Viewing the Web Pages
- 15. To Change the Display of an Article List
- 16. To Change the Display of an Article
- 17. To Place an Advertisement on the Website
- 18. Display Types for Advertisements
- 19. How To Layout Your Homepage
- 20. To Show, Hide And Edit The Special Boxes
- 21. Search And Filter Tools In The Control Panel
- 22. To Setup Default Sizes For Images
- 23. To Insert a Video Clip Into An Article
- 24. To embed a Youtube Video in your Website
- 25. To Post a Book on Your Website
- 26. To Post a PDF book on the Website
To Add a Category for Photos
You may create a menu item, or category, for pictures. These can be pictures of your family members, pictures from a travel trip, or pictures of your business exterior and interior.
Your picture category will contain several albums of photos; each album is a slide show. These pictures in a slide show can still be viewed as a single picture.
Before adding a slide show, you must first add a category for this kind of content.
In this example, you will add a category named “Photos” to the English section and put it after "Writings" in the Left Menu. Here is how to do it.
A. Login the Control Panel as usual.
B. Click "Website Manager" on the top menu. Then, select "Categories" in the drop down list. You may, instead, click on the Categories icon in the center area.
C. Select which language site to manage.
You are going to add category “Photos” to the English site, so you will click on the box near the upper left corner and select "English Site".
You will see a list of existing categories.
D. Click the "Record Edit" button near the upper right corner of the screen. A blank record will appear.
We see that the parent category "Left Menu" is at the bottom of this page. Since this list contains 2 pages, the "child" categories of "Left Menu" will be on page 2. You may click on the small square with the number 2 inside to view other categories. Or, you can select the number in the box marked as "Records/Page" to a larger number to view more categories per page. Click on the arrow and select 15. The list will look like this.
You will place “Photos” category is under "Writings" and above "About Us".
E. Click the "Record Edit" button near the upper right corner of the screen. A blank record will appear
F. Click the "New" button if the record is not blank. Otherwise, go on to the next step.
G. Please focus on the 3 essential data: Parent, Title and Content Type.
1. Parent. Select "Left Menu" here.
2. Title. Fill in "Photos" here.
3. Content Type. Select "Slide Show" here.
You do not need to concern about other data at this moment.
The record would look like this.
H. Click the "Add" button at the top or bottom of this screen. The message "Data Added Successfully!" will appear near the upper left corner.
I. Next, change the order of this category so that it will come after "Writings". Find the Order box in the Properties group. Click on the arrow at the end of the box; then select "After : Writings" in the drop down list. The new category will come after Writing.
J. Click the "Update" button at the top or bottom of the screen. The message "Update Successful!" will appear near upper left corner.
K. Go to your website and check if the item "Photos" has been added to the Left Menu and if comes after "Writings". You must refresh the web page. Click the "Refresh" button of your browser, or hit the "F5" key on your keyboard.
You have finished adding the “Photos” category. Next, you will add a slide show to the website.