The Instruction to Create Website Layout with Left Column
Creating the layout with left column includes five parts:
- Banner (top banner)
- Navigation bar (top menu)
- Left column (left menu)
- The article content (content)
The order of execution
Step 1: Login to the admin site
Add the phrase “/siteadmin” after the address of VNVN CMS 3.0 news website to login to the admin site.
Enter “username” ==> “password” ==> “Login”.
Step 2: Create a new layout.
To setup the website layout, go to “Setup” ==> “Layout”
==> Select “Add new”==> Named to the new layout ==> “Save”
Step 3: Divide the layout.
Select “Edit Interface” ==> click on “+” button to divide the layout into four rows, in the Content box, creating a column to contain left menu.
==> Divide the layout into four rows and 1 column (contain the left menu), the orders of row – column division follow the instruction image below (1-5).
Note: When creating layout, the “Content” box will move to another location, you need to move it to the middle of page to display in the appropriate location.
Step 4: Add contents to the layout.
- Create banner and add the banner location to the layout: see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/p203a224/2-create-website-banner and http://giupdo.avdtv.net/a234/a-select-banner-effect-
- Put the “top menu” category into the layout, see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/p203a230/b-create-top-menu
- Creating “Left menu”, see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/p203a228/b-creating-left-menu-for-website
- Add the Copyright bar to layout, see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/p203a231/10-add-the-copyright-bar
Step 5: Customize the display type with the right column for “Home” page.
Go to “Content” ==> “Categories” ==> edit the display type for “Home” page.
Select “Left Menu Layout” ==> “Save”
The layout with the Right menu displays in Homepage.
Please following other instructions at:http://cms.vnvn.com/p203a194/