The Instruction to Creating The Website Layout with Right Column
Creating the layout with right column includes five parts:
- Banner (top banner)
- Navigation bar (top menu)
- Right column (right menu)
- The article content (content)
The order of execution
Step 1: Login to the admin site
Add the phrase “/siteadmin” after the address of VNVN CMS 3.0 news website to login to the admin site.
Login to the General page.
Enter “Username” ==> “Password” ==> “Login”.
Step 2: Create a new layout.
To setup the layout of website interface, go to “Setup” ==> “Layout”
==> Select “Add new”==> Named to the new layout ==> “Save”
Step 3: Divide the layout.
Select “Edit Interface” ==> click on “+” button to divide the layout into four rows, the the Content box, creating a column to contain right menu.
==> Divide the layout into four rows and 1 column (contain right menu), the orders of row – column division follow the instruction image below.
Note: When creating layout, the “Content” box will move to another location, you need to move it to the middle of page to display in the appropriate location.
Step 4: Add contents to the layout.
- Create banner and add the banner location to the layout: see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/a224/2-create-website-banner and http://cms.vnvn.com/a234/a-select-banner-effect-
- Put the “top menu” category into the layout, see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/a230/b-create-top-menu
- Creating “Right menu” is similar to creating “Left menu”, see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/a228/b-creating-left-menu-for-website
- Add the Copyright bar to layout, see the instruction in here: http://cms.vnvn.com/a238/m-add-the-copyright-bar-into-the-website
Step 5: Setting up the display type with right column for “Home” page.
Go to “Content” ==> “Categories” ==> edit the display for “Home” page.
Select “Right Menu Layout” ==> “Save”.
The layout with the Right menu displays in Homepage.
For other instruction to administrate VNVN CMS 3.0 website at:http://cms.vnvn.com/p203a194/a-edit-the-article-content